Group Purchasing Manager, Logistics
Irvine, CA /
Operations – Procurement Indirect /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Source, measure, and manage the strategic relationship with logistics providers to meet business needs for all Global Inbound part needs
- Create and manage a cohesive strategy in partnership with Business Operations related to Global Finished Vehicle logistics
- Develop and execute a strategic vision for the Packaging commodity needed to support in-house manufacturing and supplier partner parts
- Create and leverage strong business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry players to influence their supply chain capabilities, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Rely upon experience and best practice to develop innovative ways to manage and measure suppliers for continuous improvement
- Effectively utilize program and project management tools and techniques
- Serve as initial point of commercial escalation for commercial issues and claims: efficiently solve problems and make decisions for strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and or processes
- Partner with Finance/Accounting to manage department budget, ensure purchase order coverage for providers, and audit carrier invoicing to ensure service is received at the agreed cost
- Effectively manage multiple competing projects and deadlines
- Motivate and collaborate within the team, across peer group, and present concisely and persuasively to executive management
- Lead and mentor purchasing buyers in a first principles approach to problem solving
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 7+ years relevant experience with strategic sourcing of logistics products in a complex import/export environment. Automotive and start-up experience strongly preferred
- Experience creating complex RFQ models and processing responses into succinct snapshots and recommendations for executive management
- Strong and clear communication skills: written, oral, and presentation
- Strong knowledge of multi-modal logistics pricing models and industry trends (air, parcel, ground, ocean, customs brokerage), industry regulations, and best practices. Ability to identify compliance and regulatory risks
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability as a strategic thinker. Ability to prioritize multiple projects, develop effective plans, coordinate change management, and see projects through to conclusion
- BA / BS degree in business administration, finance, or equivalent (required); MBA (optional)
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We re-frame old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.