Senior System Integration Engineer, Gateway ECU
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
This is what you’ll do:
· Work with Gateway engineering team to design and build different systems and subsystems into prototype bucks and mule vehicles.
· Ensure firmware of Gateway ECU are well integrated.
· Ensure the SW has been implemented correctly per interface specifications and protocols.
· Plan and coordinate bring-up and integration activities
· Support test teams for engineering verification and validation for maximum test throughput and minimal downtime
· Lead failure analysis and root cause analysis for test and integration issues
· Bring up the Gateway ECU on the bench and support integration into test vehicle.
· Use your experience and expertise to troubleshoot, diagnose, document and repair problems that may arise with the test vehicle.
· Design and build test tools as needed for the vehicle.
· Work closely with Vehicle integration team to understand Vehicle Integration requirements.
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelors or Masters Degree in Embedded, Computer Engineering, Computer science or related technical field
· 5+ years hands-on experience designing and integrating Gateway systems into Automotive or consumer electronics
· Solid understanding and experience with embedded systems, firmware, high-speed interfaces in electronics and CAN diagnostic tools
· Experienced in all aspects of system and product development lifecycle and shipping products out of the door.
· Familiar with ISO 26262 processes for systems, hardware and software
· Experience developing scripts using python, bash, CAPL
· Proficiency with data communications like CAN, LIN, I2C, Wireshark etc.
· Excellent communication skills across all functions and levels
· Self-starter and hands-on lab skills
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.