Technical Program Manager, General Assembly
Palo Alto, CA /
Manufacturing Engineering – Manufacturing Engineering /
ABOUT THE ROLE
As one of our Technical Program Managers, you will oversee Manufacturing Engineering projects from concept through launch, including conceptualization, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and turnover to Operations. This role will focus on the development of Rivian’s core factory equipment and processes. Depending on your background and interest, you could lead projects across the factory including Battery, Drive Unit, Stamping, Body-Weld, Paint, Plastics, General Assembly, and more.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead a cross-functional team comprised of engineering, supply chain, construction management, and others to design, integrate, and deploy custom industrial equipment.
- Manage equipment development, schedule, and cost in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Build comprehensive line specifications, taking input from other Engineering teams and Operations.
- Create and maintain a development roadmap for your area.
- Collaborate with team leaders to prioritize, resource, and track progress of team projects.
- Work with the rest of the Technical Program Management team to develop the Manufacturing Engineering team’s equipment development and validation processes.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Minimum 3 years experience in designing and launching industrial equipment into manufacturing environments. At least one launch serving as a project manager a plus.
- Experience leading design and manufacturing validation activities such as D/PFMEA, DV/PV testing, PPAP, etc.
- Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using a standard product development process. Experience with Scrum a plus.
- Experience managing system integrators, vendors, and 3rd party resources.
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Industrial.
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Travel as required to other Rivian engineering and production centers
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. Our mission manifests itself in the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build and the curious, courageous souls who make up our team.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible. We never simply accepting what has been done before. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions, and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. While our backgrounds are diverse, our team shares a love for adventure and a desire to protect the planet for future generations.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.