Manufacturing Execution Senior Analyst
Normal, IL /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Act as overall MES Point of contact/coordination for all MES related activities in one of the Rivian Auto Plant Process Shops (Body, Paint, GA, Stamping, Battery).
· Conduct requirement management activities as necessary, ensuring that the impact of changes is well understood, documented, and approved by the appropriate stakeholders within the organization.
· Analyze and document business requirements, business processes, and technical specifications for MES implementation
· Manage design & Implementation lifecycle for larger projects, both within the MES solution space and the Process Equipment Integration within the Industrial Automation Controls space.
· Manage/Prioritize enhancement requests; collaborate with other MES Development and testing teams as required.
· Govern portions of Service Contracts for Application Support and Enhancements when we need to scale up for projects and company growth
· Lead the effort, working with the business, to define and document what constitutes business success for various initiatives.
· Conduct solution assessment and validation to ensure that functional and technical specifications meet the identified business needs within the organization
· Review test plans and testing methodology to mitigate risks and participate in testing the solution to ensure the solution meets functional and non-functional requirements within the organization
· Conduct problem analysis as needed. Escalate complex issues for additional analysis and resolution as appropriate. Act as a point of escalation for moderate to difficult problems.
· Develop positive relationships with both the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
· Support the implementation of our new MES solution in our Normal Assembly plant in a brand new Manufacturing process for our brand new Rivian R1T Pick-up and R1S SUV, supporting technical implementation, project management and training activities.
· Modify or build new configurations in our MES Solution to support continuous improvement to manufacturing processes.
· Participate in and contribute to status and planning meetings with the Manufacturing Operations staff as required.
· Communicate effectively initiative status, issue escalations & resolutions, and other events as required to all levels of Manufacturing and IT organization as appropriate.
· Support the definition and implementation of a Jira-Based help desk/demand management process
· Schedule and facilitate meetings, document action items, follow-up to drive resolution
· Create Powerpoint presentations to help communicate technical, organizational, and project concepts and status
· Support the planning activities of the MES Team
These are the skills you’ll need:
· Modeling - The ability to represent information using a combination of graphical and textual elements. The ability to choose the correct type of model for a set of information, depending on the type of information to be communicated as well as the audience who will consume the information.
· Requirements Analysis – Ability to prioritize and elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements to meet the needs of the sponsoring organization and stakeholders.
· Organizational Awareness – The ability to understand and work in line with the organization’s mission, operations, structure, and goals; understand informal structures and processes of the organization; understand organization-level implications of your day-to-day decisions.
· Relationship Management – Ability to quickly create relationships and partnerships with stakeholders; be comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· In-depth knowledge of Factory Talk Production Center or an equivalent MES Solution
· Powerpoint presentation development
· Project Management skills & familiarity with basic PM Assets
This is the education and experience you should have:
· College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business, Manufacturing, Engineering or a related subject required.
· At least 5-10 years of relevant work experience required.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.