Senior Test/Validation Engineer, Self-Driving
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Self-Driving /
This is what you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain comprehensive software verification test plans and procedures to meet all feature requirements
- Determine and assemble test specific setup requirements to perform verification/validation on the vehicle platform
- Plan and execute test plans for various levels of autonomy with test vehicle fleets
- Work closely with the software and hardware engineering project teams to understand requirements
- Participate in design reviews, FMEAs, HARAs
- Participate in requirement reviews
- Participate in root cause analysis of test failures
- Assist in troubleshooting issues found during testing
This is what you’ll need:
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience in automotive or similar applications
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols (CAN, Flexray, Ethernet)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
This is where you’ll work:
Location: San Jose, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.