Senior Launch Planner
Normal, IL /
Operations – Manufacturing General /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Chairing Planning meetings:
• Multi-launch overview plan
• Vehicle launch planning
• Team development and standardized planning tools
• Ensuring all planning activities are effectively managed and coordinated
• Ensuring each build phase is planned to be complementary to all customers, engineering, manufacturing, quality and supply chain
• Planning manpower needs and team development
• Aligning multi-project statuses to guide Launch direction
• Aligning the wider business to current launch status and forward strategy
• Defining mitigation plans as and when required
• Management and coaching of planners
• Daily management of build plan and schedule to track completion of all test assets and drivable level assets
• Manage customer interface expectations and communicate timely response to internal and external stakeholders
• Manage special/unique adaptors, harnesses and requirements for each build – (Being able to coordinate deliverables from teams for individual prototype harnesses and track those to delivery at the plants on time)
• Manage special part inventory from engineering through builds
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Bachelor’s Degree Engineering or equivalent experience
• Significant niche build experience in an operational role will be considered
• Minimum 5 years’ industry experience
• Project Management
• Other experience or knowledge- Engineering - Timing & Robustness, Material Management, Supplier Quality Assurance, Quality, Virtual Builds, DFMEAs, PFMEAs, Line Balancing & Sequencing, Tooling & Fixture Design, Operator Training Practices
• Tableau, Excel, SAP
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Manufacturing- Launch
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.