Normal, IL /
Operations – HR and EHS /
This is what you’ll do:
The EHS Specialist role must possess for a wide array of safety expertise: OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, RIA, etc. This role will also help to gather and maintain environmental, health and safety records and data. This role must demonstrate leadership in all aspects of plant safety. The EHS Specialist will assist in job hazard assessments, inspection of personal protective equipment, and evaluation of standard operating procedures. This role will work within state and federal safety regulations.
· Ability to deliver training in classroom and hands-on settings
· Gather and maintain records / data
· Demonstrate visible and proactive safety leadership on the job
· Identify environmental, health and safety issues,
· Resolve minor safety issues and notifies supervisor of significant issues.
· Assist with the development of job task hazard analysis, personal protective equipment analysis, trials, standard operating procedures and formula safety checklists
· Conduct safety audits and periodic inspections
· Maintain safety and preventative maintenance software
· Communicate results and recommendations
· Act as a focal point for specific environmental, health and safety implementation
· Participate in incident investigations and corrective action process
· Work within state and federal safety regulations, corporate standards, policies and procedures to ensure compliance
· Help with administrative duties as needed
· Other duties as assigned
This is what you’ll need:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Safety or related field preferred or commensurate knowledge and experience.
· Basic understanding of blueprint reading and schematics
· Basic understanding of industrial hygiene
· Must have excellent organizational, analytical, and administrative skills
· ESD and/or Battery Manufacturing experience is preferred
· Creative and innovative thinking
· Accountability and dependability
· Possess ethics and integrity
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Adept at collecting and maintaining health, safety and environmental data with a high level of accuracy
· Ability to build productive relationships with all levels of management
· Highly proficient communicator, both written and verbal
· Possess technical knowledge of health, safety and environmental topics
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing HR & EHS
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.