Senior DevOps Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering, Digital Commerce – Digital Commerce /
Senior DevOps Engineer
Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. We are seeking Senior DevOps Engineer who will be developing and building out the infrastructure and tooling across all webapps and services for the Digital Commerce Platform. This is an exciting role working with software engineering teams from the ground up to build cloud-based solutions using the latest technologies, tools, and practices. The right candidate will be passionate about DevOps & CICD Automation and Cloud Infrastructure.
This is what you’ll do:
· Work across the organization and engineering teams to deliver high quality products and solutions that delight Rivian customers.
· Following Rivian established practices, implement tools and infrastructure for build-release-test automation and cloud-backend services.
· Develop and maintain tools & automation solutions for CICD workflow, continuous testing, software updates.
· Develop tools, plug-ins and solutions for CICD workflow using tools such as Jenkins, AWS-CodePipeline, Docker and other micro-services.
· Work with other multi-functional teams and convert business requirements into engineering requirements.
· Be responsible for tools and software development adhering to appropriate internal & external safety and security standards.
· Identify opportunities to improve development process and fulfill company / group vision.
· Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation and define and implement on-call practices and procedures.
this is what you’ll need:
· 5+ years in a technical role in SW engineering and DevOps functions
· 5+ years of experience with build tools (make, maven, gradle, blaze, pants etc.,), Git, JAMA, JIRA, Jenkins, Quality Center (or other test management tools), AWS, Linux-server installation (Ubuntu) and maintenance.
· 5+ experience using SCM like GITLAB, GITHUB or BITBUCKET including writing webhooks, merge strategy and release management.
· 5+ experience leading build and deploy infrastructure, capacity planning and maintenance.
· 3+ experience leading enterprise grade Jenkins master and node setup and plugin, or similar build systems.
· 3+ years of experience using configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef etc
· 3+ years using infrastructure as code frameworks such as Cloud Formation or Terraform
· 3+ years of experience with scripting languages like Python or Shell
· 3+ years of experience in one or more areas - DevOps, micro-services and cloud backend operations
· 3+ years of experience with SQL and/or other databases or NoSQL databases.
· Ability to be creative/resourceful - to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
· Knowledge of modern technologies like cloud, terraform, packer, docker, microservices and Kubernetes.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information systems or equivalent work experience.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.