Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Self-Driving /
- Lead the development, analysis, and debug of simulation models for ADAS and Self-Driving systems
- Integrate plant and control models into complete virtual vehicle simulation models
- Interface with controls and calibration engineers to understand CAE simulation needs and address issues
- Perform SIL model analysis and tuning to meet plant model fidelity requirements
- Perform validation and correlation of plant models to external data sources
- Develop test case scripts, test flow software, test report APIs, manual test GUIs, and physical simulation models:
What you will need:
- Test development experience with Mathworks tools such as Simscape, Simulink, Matlab, Stateflow
- Test development experience with Python and test scripts
- Experience with virtual traffic simulation tools such as Carmaker, VTD, or SCANeR and co-simulation developing experience
- Automotive communication networks knowledge (CAN,FlexRay)
- Experience with Vehicle controls testing, particularly around electronic brake assist, electronic steering, torque management control, ride dynamics
- Experience with Vehicle and Self Driving Sensors modeling (Radar, Lidar, USS, GNSS.. )
- Experience with Self Driving perception development
- Experience with HD Map development
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
Minimum of 2 years’ experience (or advanced degree)
Experience in automotive or similar applications
Test automation tool selection and execution experience
Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
Good team player with great communication skills
Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product
Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.