Remote - USA /
Human Resources – Human Resources /
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in the Detroit area, San Jose, Irvine, and the UK, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and develop solutions for U.S. Payroll using the Workday HCM and Payroll knowledge base. Knowledge base must include the following: system configuration/operational experience, reconciliation and verification of on-cycle, off-cycle and retro payroll data, payroll file maintenance, preparation of periodic reports of earnings, deductions, withholdings, and taxes.
- Act as a subject matter expert for researching, troubleshooting, and resolving integration and production issues, payroll processing errors and escalations, applying best practices and ensuring long-standing solutions. Understand cross functional impacts of certain configuration decisions/touch points, downstream impact of changes to the configuration, data, and integrations.
- Manage Time Tracking process for hourly employees to ensure time clock data is being captured and processed correctly for payroll.
- Engage with the Workday HCM and payroll teams to ensure appropriate business processes and security is implemented and maintained.
- Ensure compliance with policies, regulations, wage tax laws, segregation of duties, SOX, DOL, and other federal and state legislation impacting payroll. Adhere to control objectives established with internal audit.
- Streamline and revise payroll procedures; recommend and implement changes leading to best practices and provide solutions to payroll, human resources, and finance.
- Auditing and approving biweekly and monthly payroll runs.
- Oversee the processing and maintenance of annual W-2’s, taxable fringe benefit input, ACA reporting; develop reports to summarize this data.
- Serve as the back up for the Payroll Specialists to include US and International payrolls.
- Provide support to year-end tax reporting and work with vendors to ensure all imputed income is captured and appropriately reported.
- Resolve escalated payroll issues, provide expert payroll knowledge such as special/unique payrolls, 401K administration, benefits, international assignees, tax regulations and tax exception for states and locals. Troubleshoot payroll escalations pertaining to local income tax calculations performed by Workday, state/local tax reciprocity rules, review annual changes to tax regulations and impact to system configuration.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Outcome driven mindset with complete focus on enabling the business
- Experience with Workday Payroll, Time Tracking and HCM is required
- 5-10 years of recent hands-on payroll processing experience with multi-state and multi-company payroll required, including absence and time and attendance management
- Organized and focused to drive meaningful results, process improvements, manage complexity, and meet operational deadlines
- Strong ability to work as a team, strong collaboration and develop business relationships to drive outcomes
- Experience with system upgrades or implementations a plus (HCM, Payroll, Workday, ADP); advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, and complex formulas
- Knowledge of state and local tax regulations with exceptions to taxable wages and applied reciprocity, especially for Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, California and Pennsylvania local income and service tax.
- Processing and configuration of international assignee payroll is a plus
- Ability to identify gaps in payroll processing and controls based on current Workday features
- Experience delivering recommendations for new Workday features and functions that are specific to company and payroll processes currently in place
- Experience with equity tax withholding upon vest a plus
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Talent Operations
- Location: Plymouth, Remote
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.