Purchasing Manager, Chassis
Irvine, CA /
Operations – Procurement Direct /
This is what you’ll do:
· Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
· Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
· Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Production Supply Agreements
· Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for Rivian stakeholders
· Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown form data
· Drive and implement cost reductions on prototype and production vehicles through leveraged negotiations to achieve vehicle cost targets
· Manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics
· Review Engineering, Design & Development (ED&D) costs with Engineering leads to ensure best-in-class cost is attained
· Manage vehicle budget in collaboration with Rivian Finance team
· Work closely alongside Program Management to support prototype requirements, execute against build milestones and track sourcing progress
· Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
· 5+ years of relevant experience
· Effective negotiation experience specific to automotive, specific to chassis components
· Good interpersonal and communications skills
· High level of integrity
· Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
· Attention to detail to ensure specifications being requested are received
· Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Irvine, CA
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in the Detroit area, San Jose, and Irvine, as well as a production facility in Normal, Illinois, where our manufacturing operations will be based and an Engineering office in the UK. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.