Vehicle Test Project Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Test and Development /
This is what you’ll do:
- Track and Manage the vehicle content for pre-production test properties.
- Act as a liaison between the vehicle test team and program teams.
- Manage vehicle testing timelines.
- Issue tracking, corrective action implementations using JIRA and other tools
- Assist Integration Managers in driving test issue resolution.
- Generate and integrate all Test & Validation related timelines to the overall vehicle timing
- Work with Validation engineers to ensure tests are planned, sourced, executed, and reported on time
- Support defined development process and suggest improvements.
- Integrate successfully with Testing and Development teams
- Elevate issues and risks immediately to mitigate impact to the program
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology field or related work experience
- 2+ years automotive experience in Technical Program Management
- Understanding of automotive Testing & Validation processes
- Good knowledge of Jira and Jama
- Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams
- Understanding of test data analysis and tools
- History of first principals approach to problem solving.
- Experience with Electric and Autonomous vehicle systems.
- Strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal skills
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Test & Development
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.