Senior Embedded Engineer, NFC
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
This is what you’ll do:
· Design and implement RTOS based firmware for micro-controllers
· Software architecture for an NFC access system
· Write low level peripheral driver code, application logic, and everything in between
· Work cross functionally with multiple stakeholders to deliver a robust software solution
· Instill a culture of engineering excellence
This is what you’ll need:
· BS/MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field
· Strong technical competence in NFC technology
· Familiarity with NFC standards such as ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 15693, ISO 18092
· 8+ years developing firmware in C and ASM
· Experience with ARM Cortex-M class microcontrollers
· Experience with serial protocols such as SPI, I2C, UART, etc
· Hands-on debugging skills with test equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc)
Additional preferred skills:
· Experience with automotive protocols, such as CAN
· Design and implementation of secure bootloaders and OTA procedure
· Familiarity with computer security concepts (mutual authentication, public/private key encryption)
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.