Operational Technologies Security Lead
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Responsible for Operational Technologies (OT)\Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security at Rivian
· Tactical oversight covering all OT elements of cyber security; Including the day-to-day operations, maintenance and monitoring of the company’s OT networked environments
· Contribute to Rivian’s cyber security strategy on all OT related aspects, such as: proper scoping of requirements, system design, production implementation, incident response and adherence to any of the security requirements
· This role will be a mix of managing initiatives geared towards identifying and safeguarding the organization from intrusion, security threats, security weaknesses, software bugs and exploits as well as hands on fine tuning of systems and controls
· Hands on work, highly technical and in the details.
· Build relationships
This is what you’ll need:
· 6+ years of cyber security experience.
· Experience working with an Operational Technologies (OT)\Industrial Control Systems (ICS) environment, preferably in the automotive industry.
· Working knowledge of the following:
o Hardening OT Operating Systems
o OT Communications and Compromises
o OT Intelligence Gathering
o OT Procurement, Architecture, and Design
o OT Wireless Technologies
o Threat and Vulnerability Management
o Application whitelisting
o Security Tools Management
o Antivirus and Malware Detection
o Host Protection
o Network Monitoring
o Security and Risk Management
o Asset Security
o Security Architecture and Engineering
o Communication and Network Security
o Security Assessment and Testing
· Ideally 4 Years minimum experience with networking:
o Local Area Network Switching technologies.
o Industrial networks, such as: star, mesh, or ring topologies.
· This role is expected to have an equally wide range of security knowledge and hands-on skills, and more importantly, the ability to find and process new information in a logical way while deriving accurate investigation conclusions across many technical domains.
· Participate and manage incident response, threat modeling, and threat hunting activities.
· Experience with creating operational playbooks is preferred.
· Investigate and document security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
· Assist in the development, execution, and enforcement of security processes, policies, and procedures
· Monitor computer networks for security issues.
· Work with engineering teams to fix the vulnerabilities in their respected areas.
· Develop company-wide best practices for security related to OT security.
· Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
· Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
· Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP) certification is highly preferred
· Self-Starter and Driven to Win
· Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
· Successfully implemented and delivered projects involving a variety of cybersecurity functions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
· Loves what s\he does
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Cyber Security
Location: Normal, IL OR Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.