Graphic Design Manager, Facilities
Los Angeles, CA /
Facilities – Facilities /
About the role:
As a Graphic Designer in Facilities, you’ll be part of a team that conceptualizes, designs and builds all physical touch points of Rivian’s brand - from workplace to retail to workplace and everything in between. We are looking for a creative with graphic and branding design experience who wants to be part of an adventurous team. One who is a collaborative, innovative, and loves wearing many different design hats from the digital to physical installations to signage and wayfinding. Someone who gets into the details through the entire design process, creation to execution.
This is what you’ll do:
· Work with the design team and cross-functional teams to develop conceptual designs based on project requirements: scale, space parameters, budget, schedule
· Develop and maintain a graphic design process that can be implemented and scaled across project types such as signage standards or brand guidelines
· Ensure designs are continuously being pushed and elevated, cohesive to the overall project intent, and representative of Rivian’s culture and brand
· Review brand-related drawings, design details, finish samples, hardware and equipment specifications to ensure proper coordination of design intent and execution
· Explore and identify new up and coming artists and/or design techniques to keep designs fresh, inspiring, and innovative.
· Research innovative and sustainable solutions, materials, and applications
· Manage outside vendors and artists proposals to develop custom products and brand moments · Ensure that the entire scope per project meets budget
· Value engineer designs, if needed, to stay within budget and schedule
· Specify finishes, substrates, and production methods for both print and environmental designs
· Create elevations, sketches, and illustrations to convey design intent
This is what you’ll need:
· 3-5+ years of brand or environmental graphic design experience
· A college degree in graphic design, communication arts, architecture, interior design or directly related field
· Understanding of fabrication methods, building codes, and materiality
· Strong portfolio demonstrating built environmental graphics and branding systems
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and visual
· Strong sense of scale and familiarity with architectural elevations and plans
· Ability to integrate messaging, color, imagery into 3D built environments
· Strong attention to detail
· Be resourceful, innovative and proactive and have the ability to work in a team environment, under tight deadlines
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Facilities > Design
Location: Los Angeles, California
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.