Senior Engineering Productivity Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering, Digital Commerce – Digital Commerce /
Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. We are seeking a Senior Engineering Productivity Engineer who will develop automation and tools to support CICD and SDLC practices of all Digital Commerce engineering teams. Using best of class CICD process and tool integrations he/she will develop tools using full stack engineering practices utilizing the latest frontend and serverless architectures while also automating build and release pipelines for other engineering teams. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team and help lay a strong technical foundation for the organization.
This is what you’ll do:
· Work across the organization and engineering teams to deliver high quality products and solutions that delight Rivian customers.
· Develop process and practices for building, deploying, and testing applications and services, using AWS or other cloud services.
· Build tools and automation around CICD best practices.
· Use APIs and webhooks to integrate SDLC tools into a seamless automated release process, including: Jira, Bitbucket, Github, Gitlab, Jenkins, AWS API, CodePipelines, Lambda.
· Build mobile or web applications to track engineering code changes through SDLC.
· Develop monitoring and alerting solutions and dashboards to inform engineering teams on bottle necks or problem areas of each pipeline.
· Be available for 24x7 on-call rotation to support engineering environments, tools and infrastructure.
this is what you’ll need:
· 3+ years working as a software engineer building and supporting a web service or application.
· 3+ years building REST or web APIs to integrate software develop tools or services, using frameworks and languages such as Spring Boot, NodeJS, Golang, python etc.
· Experience building web or mobile frontends with common frameworks such as (HTML/CSS), Angular, React, React-Native, Swift, Java for Android etc.
· Experience with CICD best practices namely: CI, Infrastructure as Code, Pipelines as Code, automated deployments and testing, monitoring solutions, branching and releasing practices.
· Experience with common build tools and testing procedures.
· Experience with AWS services including: ELB, EC2, S3, Lambda, CloudFront, Route53, CodeCommit, and CodePipeline or other relevant cloud services.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information systems or equivalent work experience
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.