Lead Cyber Security Architect
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· The Cyber Security Architect is a technical leadership role which reports directly to the CISO and plays a pivotal role in shaping the overall cyber security posture for Rivian
· The Architect is a thought leader on cyber security throughout the organization and especially within IT
· You will lead the design efforts to correctly architect an environment that is secured by design
· This role will engage with other security architects working in varous areas of the business
· Build relationships and delivery architectural artifacts
This is what you’ll need:
· 10+ years of cyber security experience, 5+ years team management experience.
· Identify and develop the security architectural standards, design patterns, reference architectures, subdomain strategies and roadmaps, which will be used to define the security principles and constructs
· Define secure coding and design principles for Rivian’s developed applications as well as 3rd parties
· Design and guide the implementation of secure SDLC practices, including code reviews (Java, .NET and mobile), static/dynamic code analysis, secure repositories, vulnerability assessments, etc.
· Design security controls for cloud environments such as AWS and Azure (including serverless, containerized service architecture)
· Design and guide the implementation of Rivian’s cyber security roadmap, including: Operational Technologies, S-SDLC, advanced threat prevention, SIEM, endpoint protection, big data platforms, threat hunting, network access, privileged access management, intrusion detection, network monitoring, system hardening, network segmentation, vulnerability management, email protections, 3rd party access and detection controls, IAM and etc.
· Experience with setting up a privacy architecture and e-commerce environments
· Continuously assess and improve the organization’s cyber security controls
· Advise project teams on security requirements for new projects
· Help lead the organization’s computer security incident response
· Provide thought leadership to the organization on all thing’s cyber security
· Guide the organization in establishing policies, standards, and procedures which foster security built-in
· Mentor other members of the information security team
· Maintain expertise on the organization’s cyber risk posture, business strategy, drivers, systems, processes, and people to ensure the cyber security roadmap and controls are aligned and optimized
· Research, evaluate, and implement new security prototypes to meet an ever-evolving cyber risk posture
· Be constantly attuned to the rapidly changing threat landscape and lead efforts to adapt the organization’s controls.
· lead cross-functional teams
· Self-Starter and Driven to Win
· Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
· Successfully implemented and delivered projects involving a variety of cybersecurity functions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
· Loves what s\he does
· Bachelor’s degree in related field is strongly desired
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.