FP&A Manager, Service Operations
Palo Alto, CA /
Accounting and Finance – Finance /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Manage monthly forecast, annual budget and long-range plan processes. Responsibilities include:
Creating timelines for deliverables
Communicating processes and timelines to business and finance partners and ensuring timelines are met
Forecast and budget responsibilities related to the Rivian Service
Understanding all P/L Line items for Rivian Service Operation
Supporting financial statement analysis and act as primary point of contact for the Rivian Commercial Finance
Key contact to Corporate Finance for all accounting and forecast requirements related to Rivian Service
Understanding all P&L line items, drivers of financial performance and communicating results and issues to management
Preparing financial statements and presentations for Rivian management that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made
Ensuring reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner.
Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization to support decision making and budgetary reviews
Reduce ambiguity and provide visibility in context of hyper-growth with financial reporting and analysis
Financial reports and investor reporting package building
Support financial planning system implementation, design, and maintenance, and drive efficiencies and value-added enhancements
Recruit, manage, and develop a team
Perform cost analyst impact on different serviceability methods and processes
Provide ad hoc analytical support to influence decision making with financial perspective
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
· Minimum 10 years of related business experience in Finance, Accounting or related field, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility with emphasis on Service operations
· Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, advanced business acumen mindset
· Proven experience budgeting, planning, forecasting, closing and reconciling operating expenditures· Strong communicator, with ability to partner at the most senior levels of the finance organization and experience presenting and build relationships with internal stakeholders
· Strong organizational skills reflecting prioritization with a sense of urgency
· Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
· Intellectual curiosity to drive the detailed understanding business performance, decision making, and communication
· Effective communication and strategic thinking skills required
· Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
· Continuous improvement attitude; ability to suggest and implement best practices
· Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
· MS Access / SQL skills are a huge plus
· Extremely detail oriented
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We Are Rivian
· Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
· We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
· Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
· Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
· Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.