Sr. Power Electronics Mechanical Engineer
Carson, CA /
Propulsion – Electric Power Conversion /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Execute mechanical design for power electronics components using CATIA 3D software.
- Design vital components used in power electronic devices.
- Components include die cast, plastics, busbars, sheet metal, harnesses, seals, and PCBAs.
- Release mechanical components for power electronics using ENOVIA system.
- Generate and maintain top level assembly BOM.
- Ensure all relevant component attributes are captured and accurate.
- Execute engineering releases for mechanical components.
- Active participant in supplier weekly meetings.
- Engage with sourced suppliers to close open items in a timely manner.
- Actively communicate with Supply Chain and Supplier Quality groups to address and close out relevant action items.
- Assist with generating vital technical documents for the mechanical team.
- Documents include technical component specifications, prototype test plan, statement of work for sourcing components, and assembly instruction manuals.
- Participate in the creation of DFMEAs and DV test plans for power electronics components.
- Support the pre-production line for power electronics
- Assist with the design of mechanical test fixtures.
- Generate key component assembly instruction manuals.
- Troubleshoot and help root cause any issues that occur in the prototype line.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering field.
· Minimum 5 years of professional work experience as an engineer releasing Power Electronics assemblies.
· Extensive experience interfacing and managing external suppliers.
· Knowledge of CATIA V5 or V6 software including part design and assembly design workbenches.
· Experience with fundamental design practices of die casting, sheet metal, and injection molding.
· Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5.
· Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
· Understanding and knowledge of ENOVIA Product Lifecycle Management system.
· Proficient with Microsoft office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio.
· Experience working in the automotive industry and startup environment preferred.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Electric Power Conversion Group (EPC)
Location: Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.