Irvine, CA /
Legal, IP and Regulatory – Regulatory /
This is what you’ll do:
- Support homologation for global markets. In particular, you will
- Monitor the status of regulations and share updates with the broader team.
- Participate in design reviews and offer regulatory interpretations
- Document compliance decisions.
- Ensure requirements are accurately captured and cascaded in Jama, our requirements management tool.
- Coordinate vehicle and component certification testing.
- Prepare and file compliance documentation.
- Support creation and execution of conformity of production plans.
- Interact with global regulatory bodies including NHTSA, EPA, EU type-approval agencies, Chinese test labs and others as needed.
- This role will support crashworthiness, crash avoidance, and range and energy consumption for light and heavy-duty vehicles.
- This role will also support the team in achieving global consumer ratings targets, e.g. NCAP, IIHS, RCAR
This is what you’ll need:
- 1-3 years’ experience in homologation or a related field, preferably on an electric vehicle program.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to learn on the fly.
- Experience reading and interpreting standards and regulations strongly preferred.
- Deep curiosity to understand the product, how the regulations may be applied and to find creative solutions.
· Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships across the Rivian organization as well as with government authorities and test labs.
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Flexible, with preference toward Plymouth, MI
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.