Director, Rivian ID
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Cloud /
This Is What You’ll Do:
· Lead a team of engineers to design, build, and deliver Rivian’s Identity Management and Authorization Service platform
· Provide company-wide leadership in the area of identity management
· Interface with our vehicle engineering and digital commerce teams to identify and provide solutions to identity management use cases.
This Is What You’ll Need:
· Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
· 5+ years managing a high-performance software team.
· Deep knowledge of IAM software and systems.
· Understanding of RBAC systems.
· Deep knowledge of authorization service architectures in particular OAuth2.
· 5+ years in a software developer position, including a significant period building identity management solutions.
· 5+ years developing code in Python, Java, C/C++.
· Experience in Agile software development practices.
· Understanding of cloud security models.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
This Is Where You’ll Work:
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.