Staff Technical Program Manager - Reliability
Palo Alto, CA /
Reliability – Reliability /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a Technical Program Manager for
reliability, you will play a key role in orchestrating activities that yield unparalleled
reliability for Rivian products.
· Develop and align tools, systems, processes plus people to assure the reliability team is
interfacing efficiently cross functionally.
· Strike the right balance between enough process and staying lean and agile to optimize
for speed and efficiency while assuring quality output.
· Create processes to track team goals against targets, manage against planned schedules
and lead course correction activities where necessary.
· Manage budgets and tracking against forecast for each team in the reliability organization.
· Play a key role in developing a roadmap and executing on the reliability team’s real estate
footprint for Failure Analysis, Reliability Testing and other lab facilities.
· Consolidate information across teams to paint a clear story of reliability status across
· Support DFMEA facilitators by creating a consistent process across all teams that focuses
on driving meaningful action that reduces design risk.
· Partner with Manufacturing and Quality to create appropriate interfaces from Design to
· Use first principles thinking to continuously improve the way reliability is engineered into
Rivian’s products. Bring a data driven mindset to everything the team does.
· Support Functional Safety processes cross functionally and drive a practical approach to
integrating safety as part of the Rivian development process.
· Synchronize the set of forums where reliability content is reviewed to assure maximum
cross functional collaboration and efficiency.
· Constantly apply a lean mindset to filter out non value add activities across the team and
with the teams the organization is interfacing.
· Lead the creation, cadence and closing of special problem solving task forces where
· Play a key role in developing the reliability team’s capabilities roadmap and the
associated talent acquisition strategy.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· A bachelor’s degree in an engineering or related discipline.
· Experience in a project/program management role and deep understanding of the product
development cycles in a high tech environment.
· Reliability Engineering experience. Automotive experience is a plus.
· Experience with JIRA and confluence administration and setting up new architectures to
support customized needs.
· A deep understanding of how Functional Safety, DfR, FMEA, Testing and requirements are
interconnected in a complex product development environment.
· A desire to create a respectful, fun, inclusive and inspiring team and company culture.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free
Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always
been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a
desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and Palo Alto, CA, and Surrey,
England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.