Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – Connected Car /
System Engineers champion the feature development process, coordinating the development life cycle in terms of analysis, definition, and decomposition across multiple teams. He/she will possess strong attention to detail and will be able to identify potential risks or issues associated with proposed features/functions.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Define system architecture for Infotainment functions & features.
· Document requirements at vehicle, system and component levels.
· Develop boundary diagrams to identify dependencies between domains.
· Collaborate with cross functional teams such as UX, UI, Homologation, ECU owners, system architects, etc. to agree on feature design and implementation strategies.
· Define interfaces between Infotainment and other vehicle domains to implement features.
· Support debugging of integration and commissioning activities.
· Participate in system level DFMEA and PFMEA analysis.
· Serve as a point of contact for the Infotainment team at cross-functional meetings.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Experience with system requirements analysis, definition, and management.
· Experience working with diverse engineering teams.
· Experience in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic environment.
· A track record of leading and participating with multiple projects.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent computer literacy skills.
· Previous experience in the automotive industry preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field..
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Infotainment Software
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.