IT Desktop Administrator
Carson, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
- Respond to and resolve Level 2, and in some cases Level 3 IT support tickets regarding desktops and user applications
- Help develop IT tools and processes to promote efficient and effective end user support practices
- Assist in documentation of IT knowledge base for internal IT use, or broader employee reference, as appropriate
- Set up new user accounts and workstations
- Teach new employees basics around relevant IT systems
- Deploy, maintain and support office technology – such as printers, video conference units, digital whiteboards
- Collaborate with remote IT team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
This is what you’ll need:
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from helping end users get what they need in a timely manner
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests, and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks, without getting distracted by email, chat or other adhoc communication
- A Teacher – Able to teach end users about IT technologies or solutions to their issues in an easy to understand way
- Self-Starter – The ability to actively look for effective tasks to complete in times of low tickets
- High school education required
- IT certifications or higher education preferred
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.