Technical Program Manager, Prototype Engineering
Palo Alto, CA /
Manufacturing Engineering – Manufacturing Engineering /
About the Role
The Prototype Engineering team is part of the larger Rivian Manufacturing Engineering organization and is responsible for the build of Rivian’s prototype vehicles and products from initial mule through low volume validation. As one of our Technical Program Managers, you will oversee the development and deployment of prototype build processes and the execution of prototype build events. Depending on your background and interest, you could lead projects involving Battery, Drive Unit, Stamping, Body-Weld, Paint, Plastics, General Assembly, and more.
What You Will Do
- Lead a cross-functional team comprised of engineering, supply chain, construction management, and others to design, integrate, and deploy all of Rivian’s low volume production equipment/processes.
- Manage equipment development, schedule, and cost in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer from prototype lines to production line owners.
- Create and maintain a development roadmap for your area.
- Collaborate with team leaders to prioritize, resource, and track progress of team projects.
- Work with the rest of the Technical Program Management team to develop the Manufacturing Engineering team’s equipment development and validation processes.
What We Are Looking For
- 3-5 years designing and launching industrial equipment into manufacturing
environments. At least one launch serving as a project manager a plus.
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Industrial.
- Experience leading design and manufacturing validation activities such as D/PFMEA, DV/PV testing, PPAP, etc.
- Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using a standard product development process. Experience with Scrum a plus.
- Experience managing system integrators, vendors, and 3rd party resources.
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills.
Where You Will Work
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Travel as required to other Rivian engineering and production centers
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.