Irvine, CA /
Vehicle Design Studio – Studio Engineering /
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
This position is currently being recruited for the development center in Irvine, CA. In addition we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2021.
This is what you’ll do:
· Create astounding, immersive, photo realistic stills from 3D data
· Have a legendary understanding of polygons, lighting, shaders and textures
· Be a visionary storyteller with an innate sensitivity for varying context
· Have a great knowledge of photographic principles and image architecture
· Be a great communicator and collaborate with a wide spectrum of teams including Design, Brand, CMF, and Marketing
This is what you’ll need:
· Degree in visual art, animation or equivalent experience
· A strong portfolio of creative and dramatic automotive visualization
· Expert knowledge of Alias/MAYA and/or VRED.
· Strong interest in Unreal or Unity Experience
· Great communication skills.
· A proactive and self-motivated work methodology
· A good understanding of post processing, VR, animation and web based assets·
· A passion for predicting future trends in CGI technology
· 5+ years of industry experience
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Vehicle Design Studio
Location: Irvine, CA
Please submit your portfolio or some samples for our review.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.