Senior Embedded Platform Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
This is what you’ll do:
· Be part of board bring up (BSP) with Linux / QNX on single or multiple hardware boards with latest multi-core multimedia SoC
· Handle internal and external feature requests and convert them into engineering requirements
· Work with other cross-functional teams and adjudge appropriate safety levels for software requirements
· Be responsible for software development adhering to appropriate internal & external safety/security standards
· Be a dynamic cross-functional technical leader enabling other dependent teams (like hardware and application)
· Identify and set new technical directions to enhance or fulfill company / group vision
This is what you’ll need:
· 8 + years of experience with embedded software development & device driver development using C/C++
· 5 + years of experience with one of more protocols like CAN, I2C, SPI, USB, Wi-Fi/BT, Ethernet
· 8 + years of experience with Linux kernel development/debugging, shell scripting & GDB/GCC tool chains
· 5 + years of experience with board bring up, boot-loaders and OS porting (either with Linux of QNX)
· Ability to read schematics and handle oscilloscopes, debuggers and logic analyzers
· Experience with multimedia libraries or audio/video drivers and integration
Additional preferred skills:
· U-Boot and other bare metal boot loader development experience
· Strong experience with open source technologies, Android bring up and HAL/driver development experience
· Automotive - software / requirement engineering / product development experience
· Experience with protocols like E-AVB, CAN, TCP/IP, Data bus architectures, vehicle diagnostics standards
· Experience in one or more of the following functional areas is preferred: Networking, telematics/telephony, ALSA audio, video, graphics, Wi-Fi, BT, RF protocols and embedded security
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.