Sr Diagnostics Engineer - Infotainment Systems
Palo Alto, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
● Support Service Organization with in-depth diagnosis of vehicle Infotainment system functions, Software and Hardware
● Function as a system level expert for all Infotainment systems on all Rivian products
● Provide technical feedback to Engineering Design, Reliability and Quality team’s in order to improve fielded or future vehicles
● Be responsible for the practical application of live on-board and on-line diagnostics functions of the vehicle’s Infotainment Systems, this includes over the air firmware update functionality and system updates
● Manage OTA firmware fleet deployment and deployment strategies
● Monitor OTA firmware deployments and fleet failures, common bugs or other events that may require manual intervention to ensure vehicle drivability.
● Aid in development of diagnostic tools for infotainment systems for both customer, technician and 3rd party users
● Consolidate customer and technician field feedback to improve in car user experience
● Be responsible for fleet level off-line scrubs of logged data to illuminate trends and patterns that are descriptive of unique failure modes and may require corrective action
● Be responsible for enabling quick and effective repairs of the vehicle’s Infotainment systems to enhance the customer experience while obtaining root cause analysis data for feedback to the vehicle engineering teams
● Develop service strategy for Infotainment system diagnosis including generation of DTCs, alerts, warnings, customer facing warning text, system self-checks, system tests, and firmware update strategies
● Consult with external customers and internal diagnostic tool development teams to develop firmware vehicle update tools for 3rd party use
● Identify, define, promote emerging product and service issues to appropriate channels and into a closed loop system for problem resolution
● Develop training material in cooperation with technical training teams to empower service technicians and customer facing agents to diagnose common infotainment system concerns
● Develop and author documentation covering theory of operation, specification and intended operation of Infotainment systems for each Rivian vehicle platform
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 10+ years of experience in automotive, with emphasis in engineering and vehicle diagnostics
· BS or MS preferred in related engineering discipline
· Experience in automotive diagnostics development
· Proven success in driving service requirements in a complex environment
· Experience managing a global organization and manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
· Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area
· Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process design initiatives to establish and improve internal and external processes and operations
· Track record of working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment
· Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
· Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities with high level analytical ability where opportunities for improvement are unusual and complex
· Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
· Experience in a startup environment and scaling teams from a blank slate is a plus.
· Ability to travel as needed
· Strong written and communications skills
· Extremely detail oriented
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We Are Rivian
· Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
· We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
· Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
· Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
· Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.