Privacy Operations Lead
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Responsible for defining the vision, operationalizing and running privacy programs and technologies at Rivian
· Contribute to Rivian’s cyber security strategy on all privacy related aspects, such as: proper scoping of requirements, technology implementation, adherence to any of the top privacy regulations
· Lead a system for embedding privacy by design in Rivian’s culture and ensuring adherence to policies for responsible use of data in all Rivian’s businesses units
· Work with General Counsel to stay current in legal requirements, manage risk, and implement changes to align with evolving requirements globally
· Validate, monitor and continuously improve controls to protect data from unauthorized access and use while ensuring efficient access for proper uses
· Build relationships across the organization to establish a customer centric experience of privacy
· Hands on position that touches all aspects of privacy.
this is what you’ll need:
· 5+ years of privacy and compliance experience.
· Experience working in the Automotive industry is preferred.
· Experience with:
o Establishing an over arching privacy governance program in a cloud focused environment
o Privacy impact assessments to analyze risks in new or changed business activities
o Establishing an inventory for PII related artifacts in an effective manner
o Automating privacy process (e.g., data subject requests)
o Development and implementation of training initiatives to improve the knowledge and understanding of data privacy by Rivian employees and 3rd parties
o Managing complex and significant privacy and information security incidents effectively
o Driving adoption of privacy across diverse business units
o Establishing KPIs and program metrics to track the effectiveness of the program
o The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
o The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
o The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
o The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
o Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS)
o The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
· International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) certification or deep knowledge of global privacy practices, including industry-specific regulations and general technology solutions, security standards and frameworks
· Assist in the development, execution, and enforcement of security processes, policies, and procedures
· Develop company-wide best practices for security related to Personal Identifiable Information (PII).
· Research related enhancements and make recommendations to management.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is strongly desired
· Stay up-to-date on privacy regulation and compliance.
· Self-Starter and Driven to Win
· Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
· Loves what s\he does
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.