Principal Software Engineer, Full Stack
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
This is what you’ll do:
· Create client-side applications along the customer journey that range from buying merchandise from the online store to configuring their vehicles and scheduling their service
· Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
· Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling, browser memory usage, load time of the apps
· Consistently write useful tests for all code developed, ensuring a high-quality bar is maintained
this is what you’ll need:
· 15+ years of relevant industry experience, with 10+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems
· Experience building highly resilient and scalable distributed systems that handle millions of transactions/second.
· Mindset to deliver innovation while building & shipping software at scale.
· Provide architectural guidance & mentorship to up-level engineering & operational excellence.
· Actively improve the level of craftsmanship by developing best practices and defining best strategies.
· Work closely with and influence product & technology partners to help define roadmap.
· Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right solutions for long & short.
· Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas by rapid prototyping.
· Data driven mindset with strong attention to detail.
· HTML5, SASS/LESS, Restful APIs, JSON, HTTP, Java, Springboot.
· NodeJS, Webpack, GraphQL
· Experience working with AWS or GCP, and CDNs
· Great understanding of SEO principles
· Good understanding of CI/CD principles
· Experience building responsive pages, with excellent understanding of cross-browser cross-platform compatibility issues as well as the ability to debug
· Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – metrics, centralized logging, tracing
· Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field
· Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM or a similar software development life cycle process
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.