Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – Connected Car /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· The Diagnostics Engineer will develop and maintain a diagnostics strategy for Manufacturing/Service.
· Define a manufacturing EOL sequence with UDS.
· Define a service routine for service technician.
· Develop a repair procedure with DTC for vehicle diagnostic.
· Validate a vehicle diagnostic feature with CANoe / CANalyzer and CDD/ODX.
· Consult with internal and external customers on Vehicle Diagnostics related issues.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.
· Hands on test experience in vehicle diagnostic tester.
· Background specifically developing and maintaining a test procedure of vehicle Manufacturing / Service.
· 3+ years’ vehicle diagnostic / diagnostic tool experience.
· Experience with bus standards such as CAN, CANFD, LIN, and Ethernet.
· At least 5 years’ experience using Vector CANalyzer, CANoe, or similar applications.
· Strong knowledge of UDS ISO-14229 / ISO-15765 / SAE J1979 / J2534
· Experience or exposure to SAE J2012.
· Ability to be creative/resourceful - to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
· Experience with configuration management and collaboration software (GIT, JAMA, JIRA)
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Smart Diagnostic Systems
Location: Irvine, California
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.