Exterior Design Release Engineer - Lighting
Irvine, CA /
Body & Interior Engineering – Exteriors /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Develop and Design Exterior Lighting components for all vehicle Exterior Lighting Systems
· Engage in supplier selection and management for Exterior Lighting components
· Conduct design reviews for Exterior Lighting parts and their iterative designs
· Support the development of best practices for design and release engineering
· Work cross functionally to ensure integration of Exterior Lighting components into the vehicle
· Deliver components within program budget, weight, quality and timing constraints
· Ensure component development is in line with program gateway targets
· Production release responsible for all Exterior Lighting across Body. You will be the technical sign-off for all your content.
· Lead collaborative development for Exterior Lighting including interfaces with Body & Interior engineering, studio design, attributes, commercial and customer experience teams
· Responsible for Exterior Lighting release throughout the program lifecycle, including: concept design, supplier engagement, BOM management, systems requirements, simulation analysis, prototype builds, validation testing, and production support
· Supporting the development of best practices for design and release engineering through creating design guides and detailed commodity technical specifications
· Developing and managing Exterior Lighting system, subsystem, and component information through the Enovia PLM to Catia V6 environment
· Engage in debate and discussions during all body design reviews for Exterior Lighting
· Develop a high level of technical competence within the in-house team in order to provide a significant and immediate DFM support to the design process without necessarily relying on suppliers
· Once suppliers are engaged, deliver prompt and accurate DFM input into the design process to achieve RFT releases and to avoid styling process delays
· Supporting all supplier selection and development with heavy interfaces to the purchasing and commercial team
· Exhibiting the Rivian 101 in everything that you do
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· CATIA V6, PC literate and proficient with the use of MS Office products.
· Bachelor or Master Degree in Automotive Engineer or similar
· 3+ years of automotive component DRE or senior DRE with cradle to grave design include multiple product launches
· An understanding of Exterior Lighting in your 3+ years of working with these components
· CAD design experience for Exterior Lighting including an excellent understanding of those systems & components which surround & interface to Exterior Lighting
· CAD part design experience in Catia V6 as well as an understanding of early concept development
· Knowledge of the automotive design and development process, system requirements, and engineering best practices
· A passion for innovation and driving efficient design
· A positive attitude and competitive approach to continuously improving design
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Body Exterior Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.