HPC Systems Administrator
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
As part of Rivian’s Compute and Network team you will support Rivian’s HPC infrastructure both on-prem and in the cloud. Day-to-Day operations will include, supporting end-users with issues using the cluster, optimizing job submissions, getting a full understanding of workflows, and finding how best to optimize. You will also manage vendor relationships as it pertains to hardware, cloud, and managed support services
· Knowledge and expertise Linux Operating Systems
· Knowledge of systems administration tools and languages, such as Perl, Python, C, PHP and shell scripts.
· Expertise in installation, configuration, and management of large numbers of computers.
· Expertise in installation, management and use of software such as compilers, scientific applications and job resource managers. Experience is LS-DYNA, Astran, OpenFoam as examples are a plus.
· Knowledge and expertise in technologies such as TCP/IP and related protocols; networked file systems, including NFS.
· Problem solving skills.
· Ability to communicate well with people of diverse backgrounds and computer knowledge.
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
· Flexibility in dealing with assignments and in working on several projects simultaneously.
· Knowledge of and expertise in Internet resources, facilities, activities and techniques.
· Knowledge of designing, installing, configuring, managing and using high performance computers such as clusters of Linux machines, Parallel and Cluster filesystems such as Lustre, GPFS and GFS.
· Knowledge of and expertise in: High performance networking technologies such as Omnipath and Infiniband.
· Knowledge of AWS and HPC in cloud is a plus
· Interest in emerging technologies and applications, and an ability to apply them to the computing environment.
· Interest in working with the scientific staff and users to aid and instruct how to use the HPC resources optimally.
· Any cloud knowledge/experience is a plus
· Bachelor’s degree is a related field is strongly desired
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA (preferred) or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.