Sr Powertrain Test Operations Manager
Plymouth, MI /
Propulsion – Propulsion /
This is what you’ll do:
· Understand testing efforts and scope by analyzing the requirements of validation plan of development team
· Estimate and obtain management support for the time, resources and budget required to perform electrified Powertrain testing.
· Organize all aspects of component and system level testing, including kick-off meeting, test procedures, and report generation
· Ensure the timely delivery of testing milestones, including facility and equipment installations.
· Lead a testing team of professionals with appropriate skills, attitudes and motivation.
· Identify training requirements and communicate to engineering/program leads (Technical and Soft skills).
· Provides instructions and guidance to technicians, test engineers and instrumentation team on complex or unique problems
· Develop the test plan for the tasks, dependencies and participants required to mitigate the risks to system quality and obtain stakeholder support for this plan.
· Arrange the Hardware and software requirement for test setups.
· Assign task to all testing team members and ensure efficiency of operation.
· Ensure content and structure of all testing documents / artifacts are documented and maintained as per standards defined by the organization.
· Escalate issues about project execution (Software, Hardware, Resources) to Project Manager / Engineering Leadership.
· Organize status meetings and report out on (Daily, Weekly etc.) basis to engineering team
· Act as the single point of contact between development and test teams
· Track and prepare the report of testing activities like test testing results, test case coverage, required resources, identified defects, performance baselines
· Review test reports prepared by test engineers and technicians.
This is what you’ll need:
· Minimum 10 years of experience required in driving and managing highly effective test operations
· Expertise in the following areas: Test facilities, dynamometers, instrumentation, test controls software, facilities support, test cell systems, maintenance and operation of equipment
· Strong foundation of electrified powertrain concepts (motor, inverter, gearbox, and battery systems), emerging trends, and overall system interaction
· The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting, including essential technical guidance to support Senior Management.
· The ability to work independently, and to coach and mentor others.
· Must have the ability to deliver succinct written and verbal communication and make timely decisions
· Must be highly motivated and able to manage multiple assignments concurrently with limited supervision, while driving day-to-day operations
· Experience in working effectively with hourly employees in a manufacturing environment.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Thermal Engineering
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.