EPC Embedded Software Specialist, Advanced Power Electronics
Carson, CA /
Propulsion – Electric Power Conversion /
This is what you’ll do:
The well qualified candidate will be responsible for the evaluation of new tools and technologies directly applicable to power electronics embedded software. Project activities will include but not be limited to evaluations/comparisons of microprocessors, compilers, linkers, build environments and test strategies. The candidate will be conversant in all aspects of embedded SW engineering from requirements to design to validation. The candidate will be providing recommendations and practical solutions in the HW/SW design of power electronics related automotive applications, generally involving ECUs.
· Compare/evaluate power electronic specific microprocessor families targeted for EV subsystems
· Demonstrate and characterize processor function using evaluation boards and supplier provided software
· Design embedded software to exercise and evaluate processor components (PWM, resolver, CAN/DOIP, current/voltage measurement)
· Work with hardware at a bench and HIL level to aid in clear, concise, data-driven characterization
· Collaborate with power electronics/controls engineers to clearly define performance boundaries and expectations
· Evaluate metrics associated with ISO-26262 awareness, compliance and support
· Effectively communicate results in a clear and data-driven manner
This is what you’ll need:
· Fluency in state-of-the-art embedded software practices and design methodologies
· A broad expertise in microprocessors, microcontrollers, FPGAs, PLDs and general electronics
· Proficiency with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, profiling tools, bench test and HIL strategies
· Skilled at finding the ‘best’ solution for world class automotive power electronics problems
· Ability to optimize build/profiling/test flow using scripting languages such as Python/Perl/Unix shell
· Strong background in software component design and testing
· Knowledge of ISO-26262 practices
· A college degree in an applicable engineering field, or, demonstration of proficiency in above areas
· GREAT communication/presentation skills, both oral and written
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Electrical Design Group, Electric Power Conversion
Location: Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.