Senior Vehicle Simulation Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Attributes and Performance /
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead Drive cycle definition, vehicle target setting and management of vehicle model development
- Support implementation of full vehicle simulation models, correlate to real world measurements and release to internal customers to support the development of vehicle platforms
- Build automated test suites for a number of different attributes including pre-test, HPC compatibility and support integration of CAE results into internal post processing tools
- Provide status for ‘Vehicle Performance’ attribute and evaluate impact of component tuning activities drawing actionable conclusions and draft detailed reports
- Contribute and Assist in workflow automation process development for full vehicle modeling and post-processing through collaboration with internal teams
- Ensure models are compatible with Driver in the loop simulator and support vehicle evaluation and tuning for ‘Vehicle Performance’ attribute as well as supporting internal customers tuning activities
This is what you’ll need:
- An academic background in vehicle modelling and relevant industry OEM experience
- A strong understanding of the first-principle physics behind vehicle dynamic performance and K&C Or BEV Propulsion Systems (Motor & Inverter or Energy Storage)
- Proven experience of development of full vehicle simulation models used for vehicle development using desktop & Driver in the Loop simulators
- Excellent analytical and root-causing skills complemented by a data driven approach to problem solving
- Willingness to learn different modeling tools and techniques.
- Prior experience with VI Car Real Time or IPG CarMaker is essential
- Coding experience in either Matlab, TCL or Python – in the areas of data analysis, toolkit development or task automation
This is where you’ll work:
Department: ENGINEERING AND PROGRAMS – ATTRIBUTES AND PERFORMANCE
Location: Irvine, CA
· Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
· As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
· We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.