Business Operations Manager
Palo Alto, CA /
Commercial – Delivery and Field Operations /
This is what you’ll do:
Rivian Commercial Operations is seeking Business Operations Manager to help forward the goals of the broader team. The Commercial Operations’ overarching goal is to prepare and implement central business functions to deliver the Rivian electric adventure wherever our customers live and play.
As the Business Operations Manager you will help ensure that the business optimizes impact through sound operations and planning. You are flexible and dependable in varying environments. You have demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills. You will be relied on as a strategic implementer and enthusiastic do-er. You have sharp attention to detail that will seamlessly drive the following on-going projects:
· Team communications - manage central knowledge base for all commercial operations & relevant stakeholders
· Development of dashboards to provide insights into team performance
· Craft and manage board-level presentations
· Organize and own agenda development for team meetings
· Track follow-up actions and influence stakeholders for timely completion of milestones
· Support operational planning by developing a nuanced understanding of our customers, process and the ability to translate feedback to operationalize growth
This is what you’ll need:
· 3-5+ years' experience in project management
· High-growth operating experience
· Ability to work independently with limited general supervision and prioritize competing demands.
· Passion for working in a complex, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine key operational processes
· Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments.
· Experience defining program requirements and using data-driven insights to determine improvements
· Planning/Organizing – Needs to be able to multi-task constantly
· Agility – Needs to be able to re-prioritize and execute effectively
· Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and asks for clarification when needed; Responds well to questions
· Written Communication – Needs to be clear, precise and to the point
· Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite products with a passion for creating executive level slide decks
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Commercial Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.