Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – Electrical Hardware /
This is what you’ll do:
The Connections Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be accountable for ensuring that low-voltage harness assembly drawings are released accurately and ready for manufacturability, supporting all combinations of vehicle variants and trim levels, in accordance with Rivian Gateway objectives, through technical leadership of an Application Engineering team, guiding collaboration with adjacent teams.
This is what you'll do:
· Define harness components in the Capital Library including connectors, terminals, seal, plugs, and other components
· Develop best practice process documentation and training material as it relates to the library
· Creating a working/personable relationship with Tier1/Tier2 suppliers to support pre-sourcing, requesting harness sub-component data sheets, populating 2D/3D libraries
· Establishing integration planes for circuit routing synchronization
· Ensuring mechanical, electrical, and environmental protection is defined on harness assembly drawings
· Importing wire lists, including specialty cables through Arcadia or MentorGraphics
· Creating face-views of each device and importing 3D auxiliary views received from EDS DRE(s)
· Developing non-scaled, form-board layouts, driving collaboration with EDS DRE(s) for accuracy of layout
· Generating long-lead harness item BoM lists, identifying procurement and “red” component risks
· Applying harness family complexity to each component of the Item BoM and Wire List by harness PN
· Selecting appropriate terminal PN(s) / seals relative to conductor cross-sections and terminal platings
· Leading Tier1 supplier(s) to validate all new USCAR21, LV214, and other terminal-to-wire combinations
· Supporting Rivian DRE(s) with appropriate connector selections collaborating with Tier2 suppliers
· Collaborating with EDS DRE(s) and Tier1 supplier to ensure DFM sign-off prior to prototype / production releases
· Ensuring accuracy of cost / mass harness assemblies, including sub-components to support optimization studies by alignment to vehicle targets
· Conducting internal and supplier PDT meetings, collaborating with Supplier Quality, Methods/Manufacturing, and Validation Engineers to ensure closure of issues prior to Harness Assembly Drawing release
· Support Rivian Vehicle Assembly and Tier I builds when required
This is what you’ll need:
· Patience, kindness, self-control, confidently centered around a positive mental attitude
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Masters in Mathematics, or related engineering disciplines that requires a high attention to detail
· 5+ years of automotive or aerospace design and release experience
· Working knowledge of automotive applications relative to harness assemblies
· An understanding of harness routing paths in vehicle virtual environment, considering electrical, mechanical, and environmental conditions for integration planes development
· Understand the component electrification process in CATIA/3DS and interfaces to the Capital Tool suite.
· Working knowledge of downstream design verification testing and the impact of early-on development
· Technical lead experience, collaborating and guiding daily with internal teams and suppliers
· 3D CAD experience with CATIA v5/v6, NX, SolidWorks, or etc.
· 2D CAD experience with AutoCAD, MentorGraphics, Arcadia, or etc.
· Willingness to develop processes around new software platforms for continuous improvement
· Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing, and listening), and preferably Spanish
· Self-driven, displaying initiative with minimal supervision
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Low-Voltage Electrical (LVE)
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.