Manager, Channel Planning & Analytics
Palo Alto, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Responsible to develop and manage effective inventory levels for Service Parts and Accessories at the Service Parts Warehouse and additional Service Locations worldwide. Enhance Service Center launches, go-to-market strategies, as well as develop robust and effective analytical models to track node performance from order to invoice. This role will require extraordinary analytical skills, transformational capability and consistent strategic focus to challenge current industry practices of distribution, allocation, inventory management, and supply chain performance.
· Develop and execute the overall Channel Planning and Analytics strategic plan which will drive optimal customer service
· Own master data and inventory parameters for all Service locations to meet the demand forecast, provide excellent fill rates, reduce down time, and deliver cost-efficient supply chain models
· Collaborate with Service Field operations, Supply Chain Planning, Demand Planning, and other key partners to launch channel planning ensuring clarity around service level expectations, part allocation strategy, part availability, inventory refresh cycles, part consumption, and field performance
· Drive key KPI improvement activities to enable predictive performance and financial planning through development and execution of specific strategies
· Drive operational excellence and best practices across the network aimed at reducing costs and improving service levels
· Develop best in class service operations leveraging Rivian’s platform and new technologies
· Seek out new innovations and present new strategies to continuously improve all areas of the organization
· Advise and adjust organization on new strategic developments to scale, automate, and grow
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 7-10+ years of experience in Automotive, Tier 1, OEM, or technical field with emphasis in demand supply chain materials management, distribution, or logistics.
· BS/BA in Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
· MS or MBA preferred in related discipline
· SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Python experience, SAP Experience a plus
· Direct Management experience within a fast-paced distribution environment.
· Strong collaborator, with willingness to drive change
· Extensive knowledge/experience setting up and managing analytics-based performance tracking within supply chain
· Clear understanding of planning systems, warehouse management systems, establishing inventory levels, and integration/interdependencies across ERP systems
· Experience in leading teams with a proven track record of performance in an automotive/high-tech environment
· Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities
· Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment.
· Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We Are Rivian
· Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
· We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
· Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
· Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
· Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.