User Experience Designer
Engineering and Programs – Software and Mobile App Software
The Vancouver team is chartered to develop mobile, software applications and SDKs for Rivian products and composed of developers of all backgrounds with experience in IOS, Android, SDKs, IoT, Bluetooth, and Security... and we are growing!
Outside of work our team is chock full of adventure seekers in all senses of the phrase. We have lived and travelled around the world, we ski and snowboard, we camp and hike, we take up adventurous hobbies like bagpipe playing, we live in adventurous places like floathouses, some of us have joined the adventure of raising kids - and some of us have joined the equally adventurous world of raising pets...
But the most adventurous thing we have all done recently is jump ship from the safety of corporate jobs to come together and become Rivian Vancouver
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO:
· Define and design experiences for digital products that are progressive, exciting, and easy to use.
· Evolve product features/functions into wire frames user flows.
· Possess a strong knowledge of how Rivian’s brand applies to the overall experience for digital products.
· Able to clearly communicate product features/functions into easy to consume wireframes and user stories.
· Able to clearly communicate the team’s user experience/product philosophy to various Stakeholders, Engineers, and Developers.
· Work closely with Stakeholders, Engineers, Vehicle UX Architects, UI Designers and Developers to help successfully build the product from idea to release.
· Contribute to the team’s set of best practices, standards, and design guidelines.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
· Must have automotive experience
· At least 4 years of experience for mid-level UX designers
· At least 7 years of experience for senior-level UX designers
· Expert with tools like Jira, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, et. al.
· Very strong body of work which demonstrates an understanding of product ownership and user experience design as it applies to web, mobile, and other digital products. (Online body of work required for application)
· Great communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration
- Usability testing experience
- Persona development experience
- Understanding of software implementation practices (No coding required)
- Agile environment experience
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Software & Mobile App Software
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.