Normal, IL /
Operations – Manufacturing General /
This is what you’ll do:
- Perform mid to expert level break-fix & preventative maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devices in operation to location root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; examining parts to detect imperfections; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; testing of device to observe performance; and performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems; reconditioning and repairing machine tools
- Identify and source parts, supplies and repair items as necessary
- Independently perform maintenance as per industry standards
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks
- Comply with 5S and housekeeping standards
- Drive and participate in CI activities - processes, results and cost savings
- Update records and reviews CMMS history
- Troubleshoot and analyze control systems to resolve software/ hardware and configuration problems
- Utilize predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data
- Provide assistance to lower level technicians and leadership to small teams. Perform more advanced functions as a part of training and development
- Complete on-the-job and technical self-study programs for career development
- Follow all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions
This is what you’ll need:
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Associates degree with a Technical focus and 3 years of related experience in general industry; or 5+ years of related experience in general industry
- Understand electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems. Can analyze problems and perform repairs
- A good understanding and knowledge in PLC communication and programming
- Ability to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate
- May be required to travel
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.