Software Engineering Leader
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Lead a team of talented individuals to deliver custom built Web and mobile applications.
· Highly technical leader who collaborates with various teams to architect and develop effective custom business applications.
Architect and Deliver applications built on AWS.
· Manage product backlogs and lead the team in SCRUM activities.
· Work with Business users to understand the requirements, architect the solution, and deliver web and mobile applications.
· Build strong partnerships with key business stakeholders in order to understand their requirements and develop respective solutions.
· Collaborate with Engineering to leverage Cloud-based solutions to achieve efficiency, cost savings and a seamless end user experience.
· Collaborate closely with Security team to ensure standards are well understood and proper controls are implemented, tracked and any deviation is quickly remediated.
· Develop business and technical architectures for the Web/Mobile applications.
· Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum uptime of applications.
· Deliver for business continuity and disaster recovery goals for various applications.
· Manage Product scope, budget
· Develop and be accountable for critical vendor partnerships needed for success.
this is what you’ll need:
· Must possess strong experience in building cloud native web/mobile applications using modern architecture principles.
· Must be well experienced with Cloud based application architectures.
· Must have familiarity AWS products like ECS, Fargate, Lambda, Elasticsearch, API Gateway, AppSync.
· Must have worked on React based applications.
· Experience of having worked in SCRUM environment and knowledge of SCRUM Framework.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field is strongly desired
· Passionate about helping others and about technology
· Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful. Must have experience working in Agile team environment.
· Drives Results – Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
· Manages Conflict – Handles conflict situations effectively, with a win win mindset.
· Attracts & Manages top talent – Attracts, selects, and motivates best talent to meet current and future needs of the organization. Builds a high performing team.
· Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences. Fosters open communication with all stakeholders.
· Portfolio Management – Plans, prioritizes, sequences, and manages portfolio of work to maximize delivery of business value
· Technical Acumen – Pursues continuous learning and application of technologies to achieve desired business, architectural, and productivity outcomes.
· Strategic mindset – Able to think far enough into the future while ensuring near term execution and providing glide path into the future vision
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.