Electrical Design Engineer - Irvine
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – Electrical Hardware /
This is what you’ll do:
Under the guidance of a senior engineer:
- System Level Design, including electrical and technological expertise to work with in their electrical implementation and their component selection of sensors, actuators, video subsystems, and device functional allocations
- Detailed Component Design, including creating complete electronic modules from the ground up to Rivian Standards
- Work with a multidisciplinary group to specify and design electronic modules to work reliably long term in harsh automotive environments
- Work with packaging engineers and CAE engineers to ensure your design meets all space allocation, physical durability, and endurance requirements
- Support design documentation, including failure analysis, WCCA, derating analysis, and test reports
- Work with software engineers, integration engineers, and release engineers to ensure that software functions correctly at all levels of the stack, on the bench, and in the system
- Test and Validation, including working with Test and Validation engineers to ensure your component is tested to the rigorous standards set by Rivian
- Aide in the troubleshooting of any Manufacturing issues
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree In Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in product development or Master’s degree
- Experience in Mixed Signal design methodologies
- Experience in Embedded designs
- Understanding of power electronics
- Ability to work in fast paced and challenging environments
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Electrical Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA; San Jose, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.