Data Engineering Manager
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Build and manage a highly scalable Big Data architecture with variety of data from business applications, machines and internet logs
· Interface with other technology teams to ingest, process, and store data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS big data technologies.
· Continuous research of the latest big data and data virtualization technologies to provide new capabilities and continuously increase efficiency
· Creation and support of real-time data pipelines & querying capability using Kafka/Kinesis/SQS, Glue, Spark, Redshift/Spectrum and Athena
· Provide data infrastructure for best in class data visualization & data science capabilities
· Collaborate with other tech teams to implement advanced analytics algorithms for statistical analysis, prediction and machine learning
this is what you’ll need:
· Passion for data technologies and data architecture, implements the latest and greatest in the market and finds application in the working environment.
· Excellent communication skills to collaborate with multiple Engineering, IT & business teams.
· 15+ years of experience in Big Data architecture & software development using AWS standards, open source technologies, Change Data Capture & Data Virtualization tools.
· Extensive hands-on experience in building data solutions and architecture using AWS services like SQS, Kinesis, S3, EMR, Spark, Athena, Redshift, Sagemaker, IOT Core etc.
· Proven experience in solving complex IOT and real-time data ingestion used cases coupled with a strong knowledge of automotive/manufacturing data.
· Experience in creating architecture for Data Science teams to build and train & productionize machine learning models.
· Strong data base experience in Relational, Columnar and NOSQL.
· Experience in building data governance and security in data lake, implementing data catalog solutions.
· Strong data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing experience.
· Hands-on experience in one or more programming languages like Java, Python, Scala
· Good knowledge of statistical models and data mining algorithms
· Degree/Diploma in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline preferred
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.