Tech Lead Manager, Diagnostic Knowledge
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – Connected Car /
The Smart Diagnostic Systems mission is to ensure our products are always capable of keeping our customers out on their adventure.
We achieve our mission by developing the most advanced integrated diagnostic system in the world; capable of proactively monitoring, analyzing and learning from our fleets throughout their lifecycle.
A key component to the success of our mission is the diagnostic knowledge base and root cause analysis system. At the heart of all that we do is the ability to capture meaningful data, learn from it and provide users of various forms recommendations as to the root cause of a failure and the best rectification action to take given their ability.
The Tech Lead Manager, Root Cause Analysis role is a key strategic and technical position at Rivian which will enable groups from Manufacturing, Digital Commerce and Service to better understand our products and drive overall product quality and customer satisfaction through the creation of a data-driven statistical analysis pipeline and various user facing tools. If you are a technically sound servant leader looking to drive change in the world through sustainable transportation come join our team and help elevate and support Rivian’s mission in keeping the world adventurous always.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Define and lead development of next-gen software stacks capable of diagnosing a complex system down to its root cause.
· Partner with internal teams developing data pipelines, embedded electronic diagnostics, and Manufacturing / Service tools to provide an integrated service and user experience.
· Drive hiring of the team required to deliver this mission critical product on time and with a tight schedule.
· Be a servant leader helping your team and your partner teams grow to achieve excellence.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· Experience with front-end software development (Typescript / React / Redux)
· Experience with back-end server development (Python / Go)
· Experience with big data pipelines (Hadoop / Big Table)
· Experience growing and leading a team of engineers capable of delivering production quality code
· Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Smart Diagnostic Systems
Location: Palo Alto, CA (San Jose, CA)
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.