In-Vehicle UI Designer
Palo Alto, CA /
Design and User Experience – Design and User Experience /
As an In-Vehicle UI Designer , you will work closely with the Brand, Vehicle and Development teams to bring a consistent, end-to-end experience to Rivian’s in-vehicle user experience. You have the desire of craft to turn wireframes or sketches into beautifully designed layouts that inspires the team of what is possible. The role will be located in Palo Alto, CA with occasional travel to our other offices.
This is what you’ll do:
- Create designs for in vehicle screens
- Cross collaborate with other designers, developers, and branding teams
- Following through on design details and working toward fit-and-finish polish
- Annotate mockups and animations
- Optimize final assets for implementation
- Maintain an asset library and style guide
This is what you’ll need:
- 3+ years of agile workflow and/or shipping digital products
- A portfolio that showcases your contributions
- A strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage time efficiently and productively
- Ability to “fail fast” through lots of ideation early in the process
- Experience with Sketch/Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with prototyping tools
- Experience with Motion is a plus
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.