Senior Deep Learning Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Self-Driving /
This is what you’ll do:
-3-5 years experience
· As a Deep Learning Engineer you will be part of the Perception team at Rivian.
· Our perception team is a diverse group of algorithm developers focused on creating a real-time virtual representation of the local environment around the autonomous vehicle as well as determining where the vehicle is in the world, both globally and relative to its environment. This is accomplished by various detection algorithms on sensors (cameras/lidars/radars). The data from multiple sensors including cameras, radars, LIDARs, GPS, IMU, and ultrasonic sensors are then fused to create a complete understanding of the surroundings.
· In this role, you will be involved in developing models for object detection/classification, free space estimation on various cameras placed around the vehicle and work on the infrastructure needed for data collection, training and validation.
· You will also get exposure to migrating these models to a real-time embedded system, prototyping on autonomous vehicles, testing, and completing functional safety and productization activities.
This is what you’ll need:
·M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
·Detection and classification of objects, signs etc.
· Optimizing and deploying inference on embedded processors
· Experience with defining annotation work-flow and quality control
· Data mining tools from vehicle sensor logs
· Strong Python programming background
· Experience with frameworks such as TensorFlow, MxNet, PyTorch.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
· Good team player with great communication skills
· Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
· Productization of inference models on embedded platforms
· Experience with training and network optimization
· Experience in automotive applications
· Prototyping real-time applications
· Software development for safety critical systems (ISO 26262)
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in Detroit and San Francisco, as well as a production facility in Normal, Illinois, where our manufacturing operations will be based. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.