Sr. Development Engineer
Wittmann, AZ /
Engineering and Programs – Test and Development /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Execute Vehicle level design validation (DVP) testing
- Lead the development of mule test planning high level timing plans, mule builds, data analysis, control system data collection and some calibration
- Create test design documentation including test instructions, specifications, drawings and verification plans
- Drive prototype vehicles during certain tests
- Engage in subjective evaluation to identify system failure modes
- Liaison across multiple engineering departments
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 6+ years in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Experience running and maintaining a variety of vehicle level and component level tests
- Team first mentality
- Innate curiosity about all things automotive
- Ability to work autonomously
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Test & Development
Location: Wittmann, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.