Lead User Experience Designer, Native Mobile App
Palo Alto, CA /
Design and User Experience – Design and User Experience /
This is what you'll do:
- Define and design progressive, exciting, and easy to use experiences for native mobile products.
- Evolve product features/functions into wireframes and user flows.
- Develop a strong understanding of how Rivian’s brand applies to the overall experience for digital products.
- Clearly communicate product features/functions into easy to consume wireframes and user stories.
- Clearly communicate the team’s user experience/product philosophy to various Stakeholders, Engineers, and Developers.
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineers, Vehicle UX Architects, UI Designers, and other stakeholders to successfully build products from idea to release.
- Contribute to the team’s set of best practices, standards, and design guidelines.
This is what you'll need:
- Experience leading design for native iOS and Android products.
- At least 4+ years of interaction or hybrid design work experience.
- Expert with tools like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Very strong body of work which demonstrates an understanding of product ownership and user experience design for iOS, Android, and other digital products. (Online body of work required for application)
- Great communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration.
- Prior experience working on a platform that unites digital and physical spaces, such as smart home products, automotive, etc.
- Usability testing experience
- Understanding of software implementation practices (No coding required)
- Agile environment experience
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.