Cell Engineering Technician
Irvine, CA /
Propulsion – Energy Storage /
This is what you’ll do:
· Set up test fixture and equipment.
· Maintaining and organizing lab equipment such as gloveboxes, pumps, fume hood, crimpers …
· Making SOP for tests and test equipment maintenance.
· Dissect the cell and harvest cell’s component.
· Assembly cells at different scales such as coin cell and pouch cells.
· Execute physical/dimensional and electrical tests using cycler (Arbin, Maccor…) and potentiostat (biologic, solartron…) and other equipment.
· Document test results and present to cell engineer/scientist.
This is what you’ll need:
· Associate degree in electrical engineer/science with experience in laboratory environment.
· Understand basic electrical knowledge such as ohm’s laws, circuit.
· Understanding basic chemistry and know to handle the common laboratory equipment and procedure.
· Detail orientation. Make effort to get thing done.
· Humble to learn new knowledge and develop new skills.
· Passionate about lithium ion batteries.
· Proficient in MS office package (excel, word and PowerPoint).
· Experience in lithium ion batteries is a plus.
· Understanding about lithium ion batteries including electrical/electrochemical and safety characteristics is a plus.
· Hands on experience on dissecting/assembly cells (coin, pouch and cylindrical cells) is a plus.
· Good knowledge about handling air-sensitive materials (electrode, electrolyte and separator) is a plus.
· Hands on experience with cyclers (Arbin, Maccor…) and potentiostat (biologic, solartron, Gammy…) is a plus.
· Experience with building coin cells, pouch or cylindrical cells is a plus.
· Experience in working with glovebox and/or dry room is a plus.
· Hands on experience with electrode processing including making slurry, coating, calendaring and drying is a plus.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.